Cancellation of Getaway 2020
We (your KHQS Board) are saddened to report that Getaway 2020 has been cancelled. We know how much everyone looks forward to Getaway. The Cave City Convention Center has cancelled all activities thru June and due to many scheduling conflicts, we are unable to reschedule Getaway in 2020.
This is a first for our society, in our almost 40 year history. Getaway has become the heart of our organization. It is a time to visit with friends who share our love of quilting. This is a setback for our organization and we hope you will join us in other KHQS activities as soon as safely possible.
We are discussing ways of handling all the activities that usually take place at our annual meeting at Getaway. Our upcoming Newsletter will contain more detailed information.
Thank you for your past support of KHQS. Please know that your continued support is important to our wonderful organization. Please renew your membership on the website or renew by mail, if you prefer.
- Our upcoming Newsletter will contain a ballot to vote for the new officers. Please vote by sending an email or snail mail for the new officers to Diane Acosta by June 5, 2020.
- Please join us for the installation of the new Board on June 11, 2020 at 12:00 EST. We are working on setting up a virtual installation meeting and will send and post instructions to join as soon as we have the details worked out.
- President’s Challenge 2020 quilts “It’s All in the Details” - Please hold your quilts and bring to Getaway 2021 for voting and display. Please send a photo of your quilt and the inspiration photo to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 10, 2020. Amy will post the photos on the website so we can share and enjoy the wonderful artistry of our fellow members.
- KHQS Block challenge – Please mail your blocks to Karen Templeton by June 30, 2020.
- We are working out the details to return the Churn Dash Challenge quilts. Darlene Rich will contact you regarding the return of your Challenge quilt.
Please know that we are continuing to work behind the scenes on future activities so that we will have opportunities to be together. We will be following the Governor’s guidelines concerning group size for the safety of our members.
Upcoming KHQS activities:
QA Sept 24-26, 2020 with Cynthia England
- Fall Retreat Oct 22-25, 2020
- Boyle County Quilt Registry –TBD
- Spring Retreat Feb 18-21, 2021
- QA March 8-12, 2021 with Sue Benner
- Getaway 2021 June 16-18, 2021
Thank you, my fellow members for your support of our organization. We have many details to work out during this challenging time and we will post updates to the website as they occur.
Changes to President's Challenge
Do not mail your quilts at this time, instead, send a photo of your quilt along with the inspirational photo to Amy Aldenderfer (email@example.com) no later than June 10, 2020. Send a copy of both along with your artist's statement to Darlene Rich (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than June 10, 2020.
President's Challenge 2020
Voting for the new Board Positions
Diane Acosta is pleased to announce we have two excellent candidates to fill the Board positions that will be open June 2020.
President-Elect: Palvena Pace
Treasurer: Sarah Frye
Click on the form to download or print/mail your ballot:
2020 voting form
DIY Face Mask
|KHQS Mission Statement
To promote understanding, appreciation, and knowledge of the art and craft of quiltmaking.
To support and expand the collection and preservation of Kentucky quilts and the records of Kentucky quiltmakers and their work.
To undertake such activities as shows, contests, and educational workshops.
Make KHQS your favorite charity on your amazon account and go through this website to do your shopping. A percentage of your sales will be donated to our wonderful organization.
Thank you Amazon!