You are invited to join us for the first ever KHAS Door Knob Challenge. Usually we do a block challenge every year for Getaway but this year we decided to change things up a bit. In lieu of blocks, we will be making door knob hangers. Whats a door knob hanger you ask??? Well remember those cards in hotels that you hang on your door knob to tell the maid “Do Not Disturb”. We call those door knob hangers. Simple right? So put on your thinking caps, dig in your stash and start creating. And most of all, have fun!
We are going to keep the rules short and sweet…
• You must be a member of KHAS to participate. There’s still time to join if you want to ‘hang’ with us
• Your hanger must be able to hang on your door knob (duh)
• It should be about 4” - 6” wide
• It should be about 10” - 12” long
• It must contain some applique
• Each participant can submit one hanger
• All hangers submitted become the property of KHAS and will be auctioned as a fundraiser for KHAS
• You must have fun!
Pretty much anything goes here. It can be cotton, wool or other fun fabrics. It can be a rectangle or any irregular shape. You can use hand or machine applique. Embelishments are welcomed but not required.
Mail your completed hanger to Jessica McClurg, 1701 Savannah Lakes Dr, Florence, KY. 41042 to arrive by June 1st. A Viewers Choice prize of $15 will be awarded.
If you have any questions or problems, email Jessie at
These are some examples I’ve found online as well as my own example shown at Getaway. Additional examples can be found on the website for Shabby Fabrics called “A-door-na-ments”.