Rules for the 2020 KHQS President’s Challenge include the following, your quilt should:
· Be comprised of three layers… a top, batting, and backing.
· Be created using a pattern or design of your choice.
- Be stitched by hand or machine.
- Have a perimeter measurement no smaller than 72” and no larger than 145”.
- Be submitted by June 1, 2020 and be available to be included in a traveling exhibit until June 2021 Getaway.
Before submitting your quilt, please do the following:
· Include a picture of your architectural detail inspiration. (If using an existing block in a new way – a picture of what the block looked like to start with.)
- Write an Artist’s Statement which includes information providing insight into why you chose your design. You must also include the technique(s) used in making the quilt. Please keep statement to 125 words or less.
- Add a four-inch sleeve to the back of the quilt.
- Add a label to the back of the quilt that includes the quilt title; your name, city, and state; and the date the quilt was completed.
Send the required items by dates specified below to:
Darlene Rich, KHQS President-Elect
11207 BEECH ROAD
LOUISVILLE, KY 40223-2528
May 28, 2020: Contract to Lend (USPS or e-mail) and Artist’s Statement (Email)
June 1, 2020: Challenge Quilts received via USPS, UPS, FedEx, or hand delivery